Sports Facilities and Activities AT A.V.V.
Achievements in Sports :
According to Theodore Hesburgh, author of “The Importance of School Sports and Education”, it is imperative for school-age children to have access to sports and games. Not only does it empower youth and promote higher self-esteem, it also motivates students, enables them to earn better grades. Numerous physical benefits include maintaining a healthy weight, preventing chronic diseases and learning the skills necessary to maintain a healthy lifestyle even after schooling.
The importance of sports in the life of a young student is invaluable. It instills lessons that are essential in the life of a student. Sports play a pivotal role in the makeup of young children, especially in the middle school to high school years where students are much more mature and mentally developed. The young, impressionable youth learn values like discipline, responsibility, self-confidence, sacrifice, and accountability. This opportunity is used to engage young people in fun and exciting sporting activities and to integrate Life Skills and Moral Values. Our Activity Days for Schools are designed to be fun, exciting, challenging and rewarding. The best of Sports facilities, teachers and sports teams at AVV help mould, develop and instill these qualities into the lives of AVV. Sport proponents have extolled the value of sport as a contributor to health, personal fulfilment, and community integration. And we at AVV believe in “A SOUND MIND DWELLS IN A SOUND BODY”.
The AVVians have an access to develop their skills in Basket Ball, Badminton, Cricket, Volley Ball, Lawn Tennis, Hand Ball, Throw ball, Kho-Kho, Skating and Judo-karate. Yoga classes are also conducted for the students to improve their concentration power and flexibility.
Achievements in Sports :
- On 26th August 2017, Kho-Kho competition was organized at K. P. Pithwala of Dumas Zone by Khel Mahakumbh. 12 Schools of city participated and it is joyous moment that our school kho-kho team was runners up. Six girls have been selected at district level competition.
- On 26th August 2017, Inter School Karate competition was organized at DPS Tapi. Twenty four (24) schools of city took part in this competition. In under 14 boys Jeet Bhavsar secured II place and in under 12 girls Riya Mittal stood III in this competition.
- On 30th August 2017, Dumas Zone Yoga competition was held at C. B. Bhandari School under Khel Mahakumbh 2017. In open age category Mohit Sandeep Jain of Class XI secured I position under the guidance of Bharat Patel.
- On 1st September 2017, Khelmahakumbh Yoga Competition was held at P R Khatiwala. Mohit Jain Secured 1st Position and got selected for State Competition.
- On 1st September 2017, Khelmahakumbh Volleyball competition U-17 was held at P. R. Khatiwala. School team secured 3rd Position & 2 students Vaibhav.K & Atul.T were selected for district tournament.
- On 1st September 2017, Khelmahakumbh KHO-KHO U-14 Competition was organized at Vanita Vishram. School team secured 2nd Position & 6 girls got selected for District Tournament.
- On 1st September 2017, Khel mahakumbh Surat District Chess Competition held at Vaneeta Vishram. Kavya Sharma secured 1st Position and got selected for State Competition.
- On 2nd September 2017, Khelmahakumbh Surat District Badminton U-14 Competition was held at P R Khatiwala. Yash Kaserwal secured 2nd position and got selected for State & National level Competition.
- On 2nd September 2017, Khelmahakumbh Athletic Competition was held at P R Khatiwala. Chirag Mohata Secured 2nd Position in Shot Put , in 400m race, Suhan Agarwal secured 1st Position & Hardik Biyani secured 2nd Position. Bhumi Soni secured 2nd Position in 100m race.
- On 2nd September 2017, U-17 Khelmahakumbh Surat District Table Tennis Competition at P R Khatiwala. Harsh Soni Secured Top-5 Position, selected for State tournament and Jay Golwala Secured 8th Position.
- On 24th and 25th November, 2017 under 17 inter-school table tennis tournament was held at DPS Tapi. Our school baged the champions trophy. The team consisted of Harsh Soni X-A, Mohit Agarwal X-C and Jay Golwala IX-E. They were guided and escorted by Mr. Yunus Pedhiwala.