Guidance and Counselling in schools plays a decisive role in achieving the goal of helping young people to have a smooth and successful transition from school to the work place. Role of education in career development of individuals consists of lifelong process of developing work values and learning about opportunities inter alia. Education at all levels should be concerned with the development of total human life, including the career development needs of individuals, and it should be adapted to become a more relevant introduction to the world beyond it. AVV prepares young minds for the situation after school by cultivating a higher degree of self-understanding, encouraging them in career planning and awareness, and in decision making.
- An In-House Career Guidance and Counselling team comprising of Mr. Vikrant Musale (Vice Principal), Mr. Sandip Ghosh (Secondary In-Charge) and Mrs. Neema Gandhi, was formed to monitor Career Guidance and Counselling. On 22nd January 2017, a Training Session was conducted for the School Bus Drivers and Conductors. Joint Commissioner of Traffic Police Mr. S. G. Bhatti and the A.C.P Mr. R. L. Mavani conducted the session wherein they showed videos via which they explained how accidents may occur and how to prevent it.
- On 12th June, 2017, Mr.Gautam Surana Career Counselor and Corporate Trainer and Centre Director of Endeavour Career Pvt. Ltd., Surat Conducted Career Guidance session for Class XII students. He demonstrated different skills to the student’s on which they can evaluate themselves so as to decide the best suitable career.
- On 17th June, 2017, a workshop on ‘First Aid in the work place’ was conducted for the Pre-Primary and Primary teachers by Shrimati R.B. Shah Mahavir Super Specialist Hospital, Surat. The aim of the workshop was to make the teachers aware about the emergency handling and to encourage the teachers to deal in this kind of situation.
- On 23rd June, 2017, seminar was conducted for NCC cadets. Mr Vishal Sarad. Colonel of 6th Gujarat Girls Battalion, addressed the girls of class VII.
- On 24th June 2017, Mr Rohit Malviya Vice-Precident, MNC, Mumbai addressed Super 40 Students of Class VIII to XI. He motivated the students by giving an example of successful people those who have achieved heights. Also he gave formula of success i.e. what, how and why.
- On 8th July 2017, a workshop was conducted for teachers on ‘Personality Development’. Mr. Vinay Patrale (Co-ordinator of Ignited Minds) was the resource person. He explained many effective tricks to develop individual’s personality and told that physical fitness is an inherent part of it. He explained that only a healthy teacher can make teaching leaning process effective.
- On 8th July 2017, Career Guidance for Super-40 students of class VII –XI was held in school auditorium. Mr Rakesh Rajpurohit addressed the students on topic “Seven Laws of Success”. The students were motivated and encouraged to follow such a great personality who has achieved the great height in their life.
- On 15th July 2017, career guidance was conducted for Class XII. The students were made aware about how they can choose ‘Finance and Investment’ as their career. Mr Kshitij Bansal, Partner Finnacle Investment Academy was the resource person for this workshop.
- On 29th July, 2017 POGO and SONY YAY had organised fun entertainment program for students of class I and II where they had encouraged the students to play , learn and enjoy the moment. And team members of POGO and SONY YAY had given prizes to many students and each of the child received waffers , chocolates and cards as gift. It was a fun frolic day for tiny tots and they enjoyed a lot.
- On 5th August 2017, workshop was conducted for the students of Class XI on GST. Mr. Pulkit and Mr. Pratik Chandak from Panaromic Education addressed the gathering. They gave detailed information regarding GST. And also told that how it will help in growth of GDP of India in future.
- On 1st September 2017, workshop on ‘Career Guidance’ for Class XI was conducted. The students were given information regarding their chances to study in Foreign Universities after passing Grade XII.
- On 13th September 2017, seminar for Teachers was conducted for an introduction of Teachers’ training programme to be conducted during this academic year. Mrs Trushna Yagnik, IIM, Ahmedabad briefed the schedule of programme.
- On 24th September 2017, workshop for the students of Class IX was organized on ‘Career Guidance’. Jayesh Brahmbhatt addressed the students and parents.
- On 4th October 2017, workshop for Class XII was conducted. Mr. Parmar Sir (IPS) addressed the gathering in which he guided the students how & what to be done to clear competitive exams. He told that there is no substitute to self-discipline and hard work.
- On 8th October 2017, workshop for the students of Class XII convened in school auditorium. Mr. Jayesh Bhrahmbhatt was invited as guest speaker for the workshop. He informed the students regarding various careers available after Class XII. In this workshop the students came with their parents. It was really a fruitful event as per parents concern. Though it was Sunday, 40% of parents attended it.
- On 30th October 2017, workshop for Non-Teaching Clerical Staff & Peon and Drivers and Class IV was conducted in school auditorium by Vinay Patrale. It was scheduled in II session.1st session was for Drivers & Class IV, on the topic Health is Wealth and Positive Mind Set and 2nd session was for Non-Teaching Clerical Staff & Peon, on Sincerity Accountability & Responsibility and Continuous Improvement.
- On 13th & 14th November 2017, a seminar titled ‘Protection of Child from Sexual Offences Act’ (POCSO) was held for the teachers.
- On 30th November 2017, career guidance workshop for Class XI was conducted. Mr. Karan Sharma was resource person from IQue Ideas, Surat.